Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Avalon Harbor Cleanup 2010

This year I've decided to start the New Year off right and volunteer my time for the Avalon Harbor Cleanup on Catalina Island. When I told my boyfriend about it, he was immediately excited since he has been to Catalina Island before but has never actually had the chance to dive Catalina Island!
The two of us will take part in one of the worlds largest organized dive events, that was "started in the 1970’s by the local dive community in an effort to cleanup Avalon Harbor, and this event is the only time diving is permitted in the Harbor. Over the years, this event has grown to become one of the most publicized and popular dive events in Southern California".
Its no secret that Catalina Island is my favorite place in California to dive. I have had the opportunity to see some of the most amazing creatures there, so it is without hesitation that I am spending Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 picking up trash underwater! And who knows, maybe I'll be the winner of the "most unique item found" award! If not, I will still be happy to help cleanup and protect the waters I love!


x0x0 ~ Conserve and Preserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment