Monday, May 4, 2009

Congratulations To My Newest Open Water Divers!


Congratulations to Scott and Nathan, my two open water students who went down to Monterey with me this weekend and completed their PADI open water certification course! With enthusiasm and determination, Scott and Nathan braved the 52 degree water temperature, five foot visibility and dreary surface conditions to pass their open water check out dives with flying colors. On our second dive Saturday, we were swimming back to shore when Scott spotted, what I estimated, was a 2.5 ft flounder trying to camouflage itself on the sandy bottom. I have seen a bunch of smaller ones over the years, but this was the biggest flounder I've seen at the jetty. The otters were also out in full force this weekend...jumping on floats, harassing students and being the mischievous critters they are! Then on Sunday, while completing our surface interval, we witnessed three Bottlenose Dolphin jumping out of the water and swimming within a few feet from a group of students! It was a fantastic ending to a fantastic weekend. As always, I would like to thank my surface team for helping with the class....Adam and Sage, I wouldn't of been able to do it without you, thanks for the help! xoxo

1 comment: